Time off in Lieu, otherwise referred to as TOIL is when an employee is contracted to work for a set number of hours per week, but occasionally due to business demands, they might exceed their weekly hours. In this case, it is often agreed that the employee can take those hours off on another date without affecting their annual leave entitlement. TOIL is not activated by default but should your business require it, please follow the instructions below.
1. Log on as admin.
2. Select Settings from the black ribbon.
3. Select Offices from the green ribbon.
4. Select the Settings option for the required office.
5. Select the Time off option from the drop-down box provided.
6. Scroll to the Time Off Request & Rostering Request Types section.
7. Select Add, to add a new leave type.
8. Complete the details required for the new TOIL leave type.
Add an appropriate name.
Tick the Time Off in Lieu tick box, so this leave type will be deducted from the employee’s TOIL total.
9. This leave type can now be see in the Time Off Request & Rostering Request Types section.
10. This TOIL leave type can now be selected by any employees in the office this leave type was created for.
If you have multiple offices that offer the TOIL (Time off in lieu policy), you will need to create a TOIL leave type for each office.
11. Enable TOIL leave for each employee who is eligible
The TOIL leave will only be accrued if the employee has TOIL enabled in their individuals settings page.
12. The TOIL option is available in the TIME Off section for example employee Linda.
13. Linda’s Time off section displays as follows.
14. The new leave is visible in the Type of leave drop down box.
15. The Admin for the Company can record a TOIL leave for employee Linda.
16. Her TOIL figure updates after this request is submitted.
17. Linda can request TOIL leave for herself.
18. The Leave request at submitted status, does not affect the TOIL total.
19. Once the leave is approved the TOIL total is updated.